SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA (previously known as Powertech Transformers) has two factories one in Pretoria, Gauteng and the other in Epping, Cape Town.
Fitter/Turner Apprentice x 1
Welder Apprentice x 1
Millwright Apprentice x 2
Boilermaker Apprentices x 2
The successful candidates will undertake a 3 years Apprenticeship Programme as per MERSETA requirements. During the programme they will be taught theoretical knowledge and practical skills about the trade to equip them to qualify as Artisans.
- To complete daily task and activities;
- To do all the modules at an accredited Training college;
- Adhere to time and attendance both within the company and Training college;
- Adhere to Health and Safety procedures;
- Adhere to housekeeping standards at all times.
- Grade 12 or N3 certificate;
- Must have done the following subjects (Mathematics, Science, Drawing);
- At least must have done a relevant Trade theory course.
Deadline: 11 January 2019
CV’s must be submitted to Monica Mamabolo via email to Monica.Mamabolo@sgb-smit.group with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If the applicant does not comply with instructions the application will be unsuccessful.
Telephone no: (012) 318 9704/9911.
Assessments will be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
Please note that SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA shall apply the employment equity principles as set out in the company’s Employment Equity policy.
Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated with.