Reporting to: Commercial Manager
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA a leading brand in the manufacture and supply of transformers. We are looking for a dynamic, self-driven and motivated person to join the Sales and Marketing Team. This role will be responsible for bringing in new business, maintaining existing clients, successfully converting leads and opportunities to successful orders.
Overview of responsibilities:
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, the ideal candidate will be tasked to find and capitalise on new markets, customers and opportunities to build and grow a sustainable and profitable sales pipeline. He/she will be tasked to bring about a focused approach using data analytics to inform on related business development and sales opportunities.
- Actively participate in business partnerships to identify and confirm business strategies and pathways to success.
- Bring new leads to the company and convert them to opportunities and eventually to a mature account that brings in a healthy pipeline of sales.
- Build win-win relationships with current and future clients to bring about a culture of strong customer relations.
Market Research and Analysis
- Use various market data sources and platforms to interpret and translate the information into insights to identify a focused potential sales pipeline.
- Research market trends and provide validated market research in the form of concise reports and presentations.
- Customer value chain mapping
- Seek ways of improving the business and how it operates
- Complete realistic and stretch sales forecasts and analysis
- Maintain a thorough and correct knowledge of the target markets and customers
- Management/ supervision of the MI Team
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in appropriate field of study.
- 6-8 years’ experience in a similar role in a heavy electrical engineering/ high current electrical engineering.
Core competencies and proficiencies:
- A passion for business development activities
- Analytical and strategic thinking
- Attention to detail
- A self-driven person with initiative and creativity
- Strong people and interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ethical conduct
- Driven, high levels of motivation as well as ability to motivate others
- Ability to convert information into business insights
- Computer literacy
- Team player
Deadline: 8 March 2019
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If an applicant does not comply with these instructions the application will be unsuccessful. Telephone no.: (012) 318 9901/9911
A competitive remuneration package will be negotiated to attract the right calibre individual.
Assessments will be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
Please note that SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA shall apply the employment equity principles as set out in the company’s Employment Equity policy.
Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated with.