A career opportunity exists for twelve suitably qualified Active Part Assemblers within the Transformer Active Part Department based at the Pretoria West Power factory.
The candidates will be responsible for the assembly of a range of transformer active parts. Adherence to the Health and Safety Act is imperative, the candidates must also work according to SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA quality standards, follow procedures and instructions.
Qualifications & Experience
- Grade 12/N3
- Be able to use hand tools
- A minimum of 5 years in a transformer active part manufacturing environment
- Read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Competent in assembly of all transformer types.
- Must be able to follow instructions.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- A sense of urgency and a willingness to learn additional skills.
- Must be willing to work shifts and overtime as and when required.
- Perform housekeeping to 5s standards
Deadline: 15 January 2022
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to email address: email@example.com with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line.
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is committed to fair and ethical recruitment practices to achieve sustainable inclusion and diversity without compromising on performance.
Assessments will be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.