A career opportunity exists for a buyer for the Cape Town Distribution Plant. The successful candidate is responsible to maintain a constant flow of materials to satisfy production needs and meet production plans.
- Purchasing of stock & consumable items
- Initiate Cost savings
- Maintain approved standard costing on computer system
- React to new approved price lists relating to price adjustments
- Capture new approved costs on computer system
- Maintain supplier relationships
- Source alterative suppliers
- Receive invoices for variances, investigation, and approval
- Investigate any stock outs which may occur
- Daily checking of critical items in inventory
- Monitor dead and obsolete stock on a regular basis.
Qualifications & Experience
- Grade 12/Certificate in purchasing
- Diploma in Purchasing
- Minimum 3 year purchasing experience.
- Computer literacy
- Negotiation skills
- Communication skills (written & Verbal)
- Financial acumen
- Ability to work under pressure.
- People skills and attention to detail.
- Analytical thinking.
- Verify physical inventory & update the SAP system.
Deadline: 7 February 2022
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to the following email addresses Nozuko.firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line.
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is committed to fair and ethical recruitment practices to achieve sustainable inclusion and diversity without compromising on performance.
Assessments will be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.