Reporting to: Senior Site Technician
Plant: Pretoria Operation
JOB SPECIFICATION OVERVIEW:
- Provide an effective management and control service to the Projects Department and Project Managers.
- Ensure that site work is executed safely, timeously and to best practices and standards to create and maintain good relationships between the company and customers.
- Keep the PM daily updated of the site activities by updating the installation micro-plan generated prior to going to site by the Project Manager and the appointed contractor responsible for the installation and commissioning.
- With site establishment ensure that the contractor acknowledges safety documentation according to the company standard.
- Ensure that the contractor complies with SHE requirements that includes daily toolbox talks, risk assessments, daily environmental check list, inspection check lists/ certificates and induction of any new employee / visitor.
- Check that the contractor is in possession of all relevant procedures and method statements pertaining to SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA installation requirements.
- On a continuous basis ensure that contractors comply with housekeeping, wearing of the appropriate PPE and safe work practices.
- Ensure that any customer instructions are received in writing, obtain approval from PM for any SOW changes with a cost impact and issue a relevant site instruction.
- Ensure that the Project Safety Advisor is notified of changes that will impact the SHEQ related documentation.
- Ensure that the contractor returns the impact recorder/ data immediately on positioning of transformer units
- Ensure that all installation documentation is completed and that all witness and hold points are adhered to.
- Ensure that the site is in a pristine condition prior to release of the contractor from site.
- Ensure that the contractor hands in all documentation prior to site handover.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Grade 12 coupled with a tertiary qualification, preferably within a Electrical/Mechanical Engineering field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role within a manufacturing environment
- Accreditation on ORHVS (Operating Regulations for High Voltage Systems) will be an added
Deadline: 20 April 2021
CV’s including a covering letter must be submitted to email@example.com with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If the applicant does not comply with the above instructions, the application will be unsuccessful.
Psychometric assessments will be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
Telephone no: +27 (12) 318 9901.
Please note that SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA shall apply the employment equity principles as set out in the company’s Employment Equity Policy.