Reporting to: Production Team Leader
A career opportunity exists for a suitably qualified CNC Plasma Operator within the Fabrication Department based at the Pretoria West Power factory.
The candidate will be responsible for loading steel plates on a Plasma machine and cutting according to nested programmes. Remove and clean parts of remaining slag, including nesting parts on Pronest/Creo and scrap factor control. Adherence to the Health and Safety Act is imperative, the candidate must also work according to SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA quality standards, follow procedures and instructions.
Qualifications & Experience
- Grade 12/N3
- CNC Plasma Certification
- CNC Certification on Plasma cutting machines including work experience on this type of equipment
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar manufacturing environment
- Must be able to follow instructions.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Achieve Quality objectives within own section.
- Maintain health, safety, environmental and housekeeping standards.
- Implement best practices in work area
- Must be willing to work in different areas as the position is not restricted to one area
- Must be willing to work shifts and overtime as and when required.
Deadline: 15 January 2022
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line.
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is committed to fair and ethical recruitment practices to achieve sustainable inclusion and diversity without compromising on performance.
Psychometric assessments will be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.