A career opportunity exists for eight suitably qualified transformer core stackers within the Transformer Core Stacking Department based at the Pretoria West Power factory.
The candidates will be responsible for the stacking of small power transformers (SPT), medium power transformers (MPT) and large power transformers (LPT) cores. Adherence to the Health and Safety Act is imperative, the candidates must also work according to SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA quality standards, follow procedures and instructions.
Qualifications & Experience
- Grade 12/N3
- Be able to use hand tools and measuring equipment
- A minimum of 3 years in a transformer core stacking environment
- Read and interpret technical drawings.
- Competent in stacking of different types and sizes of power transformer cores.
- Stack cores to expected quality standards
- Adhere to health and safety standards
- Adhere to 5s house-keeping standards
- Must be able to follow instructions.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Must be willing to work shifts and overtime as and when required.
Deadline: 5 May 2023
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to email address: email@example.com with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line.
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is committed to fair and ethical recruitment practices to achieve sustainable inclusion and diversity without compromising on performance. Enquiries to be directed to +27 12 318 9703.
Assessments will be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.