Reporting to: Electrical Design Manager
Operation: Cape Town Plant
JOB SPECIFICATION OVERVIEW:
The successful candidate is responsible to compile electrical designs and instructions for production as well as tenders of transformers to comply with customer specifications.
- Comprehend and implement the requirements of a tender or contract specification.
- Prepare designs for tenders and contracts.
- Produce engineering instructions suitable for transformer manufacture and customer approval.
- Comprehend and implement company procedures and instructions.
- Conduct design reviews.
- Research and development of and/or process improvements.
- Investigation of non-conformances.
- National Diploma or B Tech Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Three (3) to five (5) years with relevant transformer design and manufacturing exposure.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Planning and organizing
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Knowledge of electrical design principles applicable to power transformers
- Computer skills (MS Office + CAD Systems)
- Able to work under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Analytical thinking.
Deadline: 31 May 2021
CV’s including a covering letter must be submitted to Luzanne.duPreez@sgb-smit.group with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If the applicant does not comply with the above instructions, the application will be unsuccessful.
Psychometric assessments will be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
Telephone no: +27 (21) 534-2681.
Please note that SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA shall apply the employment equity principles as set out in the company’s Employment Equity Policy.