Reporting to: General Manager
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is looking for a suitably qualified Engineering Manager for the Distribution Transformer Plant in Epping, Cape Town. The successful candidate will provide the Company with solid Engineering practices through the management of the Engineering function.
- Set strategic objectives for the engineering department;
- Build a high-performing team, suitably competent to execute the company vision successfully;
- Ensure there is continuous improvement in design to stay competitive;
- Multi-Skill engineering staff to improve departmental efficiency;
- Monthly management reporting.
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 / Matric;
- National diploma or degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- Minimum 10 years’ engineering office experience in the transformer field;
- 5 years management experience in a similar capacity.
- Planning and organisational skills;
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills;
- Computer skills (MS Office + 3D CAD Systems + SAP);
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Technical ability and Transformer knowledge;
- Analytical thinking.
Deadline: 19 October 2022
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to email@example.com or Angelina.firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If the applicant does not comply with above instructions the application will be unsuccessful.
Psychometric assessments may be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is committed to fair and ethical recruitment practices to achieve sustainable inclusion and diversity without compromising on performance.
Telephone Number: +27 21 505-3000.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.