Reporting to: Quality Manager
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is looking for two Graduates for a 24 month contract in its Process and CI Engineering department.
The candidates will implement continuous improvement projects and add value in introducing and managing business processes. They will support programs aimed at improving productivity, timeous delivery and getting things right the first time.
- Departmental assignments/allocations with focus on safety, delivery and quality
- Implement continuous improvement projects identified by relevant stakeholders
- Drive efficiency improvement programs in line with industrial engineering aspects
- Modernisation and digitisation of factory operations
- Dashboard reporting, data analytics and digitisation of manufacturing processes
- Grade 12 with Mathematics
- BSc/BEng or BTech in Industrial Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- 1 year experience in manufacturing sector
- Experience in electrical equipment manufacturing is advantageous
Competencies and Skills
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing/six sigma principles
- Process improvement skills
- Critical analytical skills
- Advanced computer proficiency
Deadline: 4 September 2020
CV’s including a covering letter must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If the applicant does not comply with the above instructions, the application will be unsuccessful.
Psychometric assessments will be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
Telephone no: +27 (12) 318 9911.
Please note that SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA shall apply the employment equity principles as set out in the company’s Employment Equity Policy.
Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated with.