Reporting to: Pretoria Power Plant General Manager
Department: Sales & Project Management
SSPM is seeking a dynamic and high performing candidate to lead the Pretoria Sales and Projects team for Power transformers. The successful candidate must meet our projected profitable revenue growth and customer acquisition targets, in addition to ensuring a strong brand recognition through focused marketing initiatives.
The Head of Sales and Projects responsibilities shall include developing and implementing key growth sales strategies, tactics, and action plans to achieve the company financial targets by leading and directing the sales and projects team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute the business strategic sales plan to achieve the sales targets and expand the customer base.
- Build and maintain a strong network of customer and other key stakeholder relationships.
- Partner with customers to better under their business needs and objectives and capture these insights into SSPM value solutions offering.
- Be the lead company brand ambassador and effectively communicate the value proposition, as well as work with internal teams on behalf of clients to ensure the highest level of customer is delivered.
- Understand the competitive landscape and market trends and ensure company value offerings are aligned and relevant information and insights are shared with business.
- Lead and manage the sales team to ensure the business sales targets are achieved.
- Effectively performance manage the sales team to recruit, retain and develop talent to meet the business needs.
- Ensure management, control and governance throughout area of accountability.
Qualifications and Experience
- Tertiary qualification in engineering, commercial or finance related fields.
- Minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience (of which at least 5 years in a Senior role), in a manufacturing and or similar environment.
- Proven sales experience of meeting and/or exceeding targets, coupled with a proven track record to drive the sales process from plan to close.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to find creative business-oriented solutions to problems, whilst achieving profitable growth.
- Demonstrable track record of effective people management.
- Excellent ability to communicate (verbal and written), present and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks and deliver to tight deadlines.
- Working knowledge of the MS Office Suite as well Microsoft Project.
Deadline: 28 February 2023.
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If the applicant does not comply with above instructions the application will be unsuccessful. Psychometric assessments may be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is committed to fair and ethical recruitment practices to achieve sustainable inclusion and diversity without compromising on performance.
Telephone Number: +27 12 318-9911.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.