Reporting to: Pretoria Power Plant General Manager
We are seeking a dynamic and high performing person to lead the Pretoria Sales team for Power Transformers. The successful candidate will meet our profitable revenue growth and customer acquisition targets, in addition to ensuring a strong brand recognition through focused marketing initiatives.
The Head of Sales responsibilities include developing and implementing key growth sales strategies, tactics and action plans to achieve the company financial targets by leading and directing the sales team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute the business strategic sales plan to achieve the sales targets and expand the customer base.
- Build and maintain a strong network of customer and other key stakeholder relationships.
- Partner with customers to better under their business needs and objectives and capture these insights into SSPM value solutions offering.
- Be the lead company brand ambassador and effectively communicate the value proposition, as well as work with internal teams on behalf of clients to ensure the highest level of customer service is delivered.
- Understand the competitive landscape and market trends and ensure company value offerings are aligned and relevant information and insights are shared with business.
- Lead and manage the sales team to ensure the business sales targets are achieved.
- Effectively performance manage the sales team to recruit, retain and develop talent to meet the business needs.
- Ensure requisite financial management, control and governance throughout area of accountability.
Qualifications and Experience
- Tertiary qualification in engineering, commercial or finance related fields
- Minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience (of which at least 5 years in a Senior role), in a manufacturing and or similar environment
- Proven sales experience of meeting and/or exceeding targets, coupled with a proven track record to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Strong business acumen with the ability to find creative business-oriented solutions to problems, whilst achieving profitable growth
- Demonstrable track record of effective people management.
- MS Office Suite
- Resilience/ perseverance and teamwork
- Excellent ability to communicate (verbal and written), present and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks and deliver to tight deadlines.
Deadline: 27 October 2022
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to email@example.com with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If the applicant does not comply with above instructions the application will be unsuccessful. Psychometric assessments may be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is committed to fair and ethical recruitment practices to achieve sustainable inclusion and diversity without compromising on performance.
Telephone Number: +27 12 318-9911.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.