Reporting to: General Manager
Operation: Cape Town Plant
A career opportunity exists for a Health and Safety Manager at SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA based at the Cape Town Distribution Plant.
The successful candidate is responsible to ensure compliance of all SHE related regulations and legislation.
- Plans, directs, and implements organizational safety and health and environmental programmes.
- Plans and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with OH&S rules and regulations.
- Plans and implements programmes to train managers and employees in work site safety practices, fire prevention, and correct handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, equipment, and other materials.
- Prepares studies and analyses of industrial accident causes and hazards to health for use by company personnel and outside agencies.
- Ensure the company sustain all relevant accreditations, i.e. ISO9001, ISO14001, OHASAS 18001.
- Conduct regular internal and external audits, supplemented with detailed reports and track corrective action plans.
- All relevant OHS qualifications including a degree and/or Diploma.
- Minimum 6-8 years’ experience in a similar role in a manufacturing environment.
SKILLS & PROFICIENCIES
- Planning, prospecting, and organizing
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Resilience/ perseverance and teamwork
- Able to work under pressure.
- People skills and attention to detail.
- Analytical thinking..
Deadline: 13 September 2021
CV’s including a covering letter must be submitted to Camelita.email@example.com with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If the applicant does not comply with the above instructions, the application will be unsuccessful.
Psychometric assessments will be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
Telephone no: +27 (21) 505 3000.
Please note that SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA shall apply the employment equity principles as set out in the company’s Employment Equity Policy.