Key Responsibilities include the following:
- Perform daily and scheduled HSE duties and functions.
- Investigate incidents/accidents in section or department of responsibility.
- Carry out internal audits.
- Legal Compliance.
- Prepare for and attend HSE meetings in line with published agendas.
- Drive HSE awareness and continuous improvement on the shop floor.
- Grade 12/N3;
- Relevant safety or environmental qualification is required;
- COMSOC 1 & 2 and SAMTRAC are essential;
- Competence certificate in environmental management/safety management;
- Auditing certificate (ISO 14001: 2015, ISO 45001-2018, OHSAS 18001)
- Risk assessment training or certification;
- First Aid training or certification;
- Auditing training or certification;
- Incident/accidents investigation training or certification;
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a HSE manufacturing industry(non-negotiable)
- Self driven.
- Ability to take ownership.
- Attention to detail.
- Results driven.
- Value adding mind-set.
- Capable and able to work under pressure.
- Written and oral communication skills must be of a suitably professional nature.
- Problem solving and time management skills.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills at all levels of the business.
Deadline: 14 August 2020
CV’s including a covering letter must be submitted to Luzanne.email@example.com with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If the applicant does not comply with the above instructions, the application will be unsuccessful.
Psychometric assessments will be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
Telephone no: (021) 534 4681.
Please note that SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA shall apply the employment equity principles as set out in the company’s Employment Equity Policy.
Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated with.