Reporting to: IT Manager
Department: IT – Pretoria
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is looking for a suitably qualified IT desktop Engineer. The candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Monitoring and ensure high availability of customer’s IT infrastructure, participating in root cause analysis.
- Managing raised IT tickets from end to end, liaising with teammates, as well as Group IT team tickets, user awareness to mitigate security risks, as well an Active Directory User Account Management, DNS, DHCP Server Management, Low-to-mid level Server administration, health checks, Maintenance, also taking part in special projects as assigned by IT Manager.
- Ensuring Security of data, network access, and backup systems.
- Handling and controlling the IT change management process.
- Providing IT support services for end-users following service desk ITSM tool.
- Performing planned maintenance activities to maintain proper functioning of IT solutions.
- Ensuring continuous delivery of IT systems performance.
- Implement Group IT strategy, policies and plans participate along with site key stakeholders to develop, maintain or implement business continuity and disaster recovery strategies and solutions including risk assessments, business impact analysis, strategy selection and documentation of business continuity and data recovery procedures.
- Add users, controlling access to document libraries, PowerApps and setting permissions in SharePoint. Perform maintenance of SharePoint platform, servers, and intranet.
- Troubleshoot and resolve SharePoint issues or malfunctions. Provide SharePoint support and end user training.
- Install and maintain hardware/software, troubleshoot and repair of network devices.
- Provide detailed hardware and software inventory records.
- Interact with end user to fully utilize IT resources, answer, and log and follow up on all Helpdesk calls and e-mails.
- Asset management and document management for all the allocated devices.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum Diploma in Information Technology
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- CompTIA A Core certificates
- CCNA 200-301: Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within the transformer industry would be an added advantage.
- Exceptional focus to details.
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Willing and prepared to work overtime as and when required.
- Good communication skills
Deadline: 31 March 2023
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If the applicant does not comply with above instructions the application will be unsuccessful.
Psychometric assessments may be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is committed to fair and ethical recruitment practices to achieve sustainable inclusion and diversity without compromising on performance.
Telephone Number: +27 12 318 9911.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.