Reporting to: Operation Planner
Operation: Pretoria Plant
Department: Supply Chain
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is looking for a suitable Junior Operations Planner to join the Pretoria West Operations team,
- Capturing bills of material and Routings from engineering drawings on Launchpad application.
- Transfer Material Masters, Bills of material and Routings to SAP.
- Prepare Kits drawings to be issued to procurement, prepare drawings to be issued to production.
- Update bills of material on the system SAP and LP when alterations are being brought forward before issuing the alteration to the relevant department.
- Create material master for the new part numbers.
- Ensure Costing of bills of material are complete and accurate.
- Ensure that Bills of Material from designs done by Mechanical Design is planned and routed correctly to the relevant production workstations.
- Ensure that planning process is executed within the committed timeframe and ensure that all production documentation is prepared and issued to the correct workstations.
- Ensure that planning issues are resolved within the shortest possible timeframe with the lowest cost implication to the business.
- Grade 12 and National Diploma in Industrial/Mechanical Engineering.
- The incumbent must demonstrate the ability to use a computer and be proficient in MS Word and MS Excel (should demonstrate ability to compile reports and simple spread sheets with basic formulas).
- Experience in Transformer manufacturing will be an advantage.
- SAP Production Planning experience will be an advantage.
- Candidate must be able to execute tasks accurately, timeously, and correctly in a high- pressure environment.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
Deadline: 2 June 2023
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If the applicant does not comply with above instructions the application will be unsuccessful. Psychometric assessments may be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is committed to fair and ethical recruitment practices to achieve sustainable inclusion and diversity without compromising on performance.
Telephone Number: +27 12 318-9911.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.