Reporting to: General Manager
Department: Corporate Services
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA and SGB-SMIT Calidus is looking for an energetic and self-motivated marketing and communications intern on a 12 month fixed term contract. The main duties include completing clerical and administrative duties, building social media campaigns and preparing promotional materials and presentations.
Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Assist in writing communications including letters, newsletters, social media, web content, invitations, and reports.
- Monitor and research social media platforms for trending news, ideas
- Planning and executing assigned aspects of special events.
- Assist with daily administrative duties, e.g. updating media contact lists
- Prepare promotional presentations and marketing proposals based on research and market analysis
- Help with the planning and hosting of marketing events.
- Recently qualified in the marketing and/or communications field, with a passion for marketing and creative communication content
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others or independently
- Good understanding of the latest marketing trends and techniques, and proficient in relevant computer programs / software.
- Creative problem solving skills, with effective multitasking abilities
- Accurate and detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Deadline: 26 November 2021
CV’s must be submitted to email address: email@example.com with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated with.
Assessments will be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
Please note that the company shall apply the employment equity principles as set out in the company’s Employment Equity Policy but is under no obligation to fill this position.