Reporting to: Commercial Manager
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is seeking an energetic person in the role of marketing and communications specialist. The person will be responsible for supporting and implementing the communications plan designed to create higher visibility and a powerful presence of the company name, reputation and brand.
- Develop a Marketing and Communication plan to support the company strategy.
- Promote and manage the external and internal communications function within the company.
- Manage the company’s participation in exhibitions and other similar shows.
- Manage the company’s social media profiles (i.e. LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter) including stakeholder interactions on these platforms.
- Support the various interdepartmental business units with marketing and communications in support of business objectives, including organisation of business events, internal and external functions as and when required.
- Responsible for the content management and maintenance of the company website.
- Write content for the quarterly newsletter as well as providing content for the SGB-SMIT marketing department monthly.
- Build the SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA and CALIDUS brands through superior marketing focused programs and initiatives.
- Responsibility for the overall corporate identity, templates and brand manual.
- Ensure that marketing activities contribute to the overall business goals.
Qualifications & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing Communications or related field coupled with 5 years relevant experience in a Marketing and Communications role. Experience in the following Adobe Packages – Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop is essential. Fully conversant with the MS Office package.
Core competencies and proficiencies:
- Must be a confident communicator and presenter
- Advanced English written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, graphics layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally;
- Possess excellent organisational and planning skills;
- Superior project management and time management skills;
- Exceptional team player;
- Flexible – will be required to travel as and when required
Deadline: 14 June 2019
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to email@example.com with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If an applicant does not comply with these instructions the application will be unsuccessful. Telephone no: (012) 318 9901.
A competitive remuneration package will be negotiated to attract the right calibre individual.
Psychometric assessments will be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
Please note that SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA shall apply the employment equity principles as set out in the company’s Employment Equity Policy.
Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated with.