Reporting to: Technical Manager
Operation: Pretoria Plant
A career opportunity exists for a Mechanical Design Manager based at the Pretoria West Power factory.
Manage the planning of design resources for tenders and work order designs.
Manage timelines and outputs of the mechanical design resources.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage mechanical design outputs.
- Drive your team’s performance to ensure that safety, integrity, financial and contractual requirements are met.
- Manage a broad range of organizational and technical aspects connected to the operations.
- Manage mechanical tender design outputs.
- Manage mechanical standardisation outputs.
- Support and coach your team and be liable for the competence development.
- Technical support.
- Improve operational performance of the department in collaboration with your colleagues.
- Enable people growth and improvements in operational, quality, and technical aspects.
- Look for a technology and market opportunities that supports growth and that brings the
mechanical engineering department forward.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- BEng/BTec Mechanical
- 5 Years as a manager of a design section in manufacturing industry.
- Preferred experience in transformer manufacturing.
- Strong communication skills
- Delegation and influencing team members.
- Inspirational team leader and team player.
- Active decision-making skills.
- Active listener
- Consumer Orientated
- Able to take accountability.
- Strike a balance between operational and strategic tasks
- MS Office Proficiency
- Understanding database systems and architecture
- Proficient in CAD and EPDM
- Fluent in English, both in writing and speaking..
Deadline: 24 May 2021
CV’s including a covering letter must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If the applicant does not comply with the above instructions, the application will be unsuccessful.
Psychometric assessments will be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
Telephone no: +27 (12) 318-9911.
Please note that SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA shall apply the employment equity principles as set out in the company’s Employment Equity Policy.