Reporting to: Maintenance Section Head
Operation: Pretoria Plant
JOB SPECIFICATION OVERVIEW:
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is seeking a suitably qualified person in the role of mechatronics technician. This position requires the candidate to manage electronic/electrical maintenance as well as carry out effective fault finding on all machines/equipment. Manage the continuous improvement on specialised electronic equipment ensuring that critical spares are always available.
- N3/Grade 12
- National Diploma in Electronic/Electrical Engineering or Millwright Trade.
- 5-10 years in a factory maintenance field.
- Special Electronic/Mechanical skills in maintenance is essential.
- Experience in Siemens equipment and PLC’s.
- Computer literacy in various software programs including MS Office
- Ensure that HR related reporting is submitted monthly to Head of HR [Movement, Absence, Terminations, Recruitment statistics & trends, etc.]
- General Administration
COMPETENCIES AND OTHER SKILLS:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem solving skills
- Extremely high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Deadline driven
Deadline: 17 May 2021
CV’s including a covering letter must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If the applicant does not comply with the above instructions, the application will be unsuccessful.
Psychometric assessments will be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
Telephone no: +27 (12) 318 9901.
Please note that SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA shall apply the employment equity principles as set out in the company’s Employment Equity Policy.