A career opportunity exists for a suitably qualified Boiler Plant Operator within the Processing Plant Department based at the Power Transformers Pretoria West factory.
The successful candidate will be required to execute the process of operating the Boiler Plant by following the prescribed standards and instructions. This includes monitoring and regulation of pressure and steam as required by various ovens. Additionally the successful candidate will be required to conduct regular walkabouts through the pipelines to identify possible steam leaks as well as regularly taking stock of coal supplies and clearing the ashes from the boiler.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Operate and monitor boiler.
- Apply precautions and required action to eliminate, minimise or control hazards when operating the boilers.
- Apply precautions and required action to eliminate, minimise or control hazards when supplying steam or hot water.
- Complete checklist related to operating and monitoring boiler.
- Carrying out minor maintenance, follow correct principles for starting up, operating, monitoring and shutting down of boiler for cleaning and servicing.
- Identify and report typical faults that can occur on the boiler and related action that should be taken to repair, isolate, replace, report and record faulty components.
- Carry out housekeeping on both the boiler and boiler house.
Qualifications & Experience
- Grade 12/Matric.
- Boiler certificate is mandatory.
- N3 plus basic boiler operator training will be added advantage.
- Understanding of basic principles of boiler operation, monitoring devices and ancillary systems.
- Understanding boiler controls, instruments and indicators and their purpose, location and their use.
- Must be flexible to be moved between Oil Plant and Boiler sections as and when required.
- Must be willing to work any shift pattern as and when the business requires.
Must be willing to work extra hours or overtime as and when required.
Deadline: 25 April 2023
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. Enquiries can be directed to the HR department on +27 12 318-9911.
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is committed to fair and ethical recruitment practices to achieve sustainable inclusion and diversity without compromising on performance.
Assessments will be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.