A career opportunity exists for Winders within the Production Department based at the SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA Pretoria West Power factory.
To wind HV transformer coils, LV transformer coils, MV transformer coils and factory coils.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up and preparation of winding machine and work station.
- Checking of insulation, formers, winding wire and other insulation required for the required type of winding.
- Be able to read and understand winding drawings.
- Be able to wind HV coils in spiral, helical and continuous disc style that include multiple wires in parallel.
- Be able to wind LV coils in spiral, helical and continuous disc style that include multiple wires in parallel.
- Be able to wind MV coils in spiral, helical and continuous disc style that include multiple wires in parallel.
- Able to create taps on the face and from within the winding.
- Remove windings from the machine.
- Turn windings on turning table.
- Be able to read a tape measure and Vernier.
- Be able to braze copper.
- Be able to work on both vertical and horizontal coil winders.
- Be able to work on 10 – 45 MVA transformers.
- Winding continuous disc windings with two or more strip conductor in parallel, including loading and unloading by the same employee or self-locating mandrels and/or former.
Qualifications & Experience
- Crane licence shall be advantageous.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in transformers coils winding.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience on working on 10 MVA – 800 MVA transformers.
- Must be able to communicate with the supervisors.
- Must be able to follow instructions.
- Must have the ability to work with manufacturing terminology.
- Must be able to assist with collecting of materials from the stores.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm as well as the willingness to assist with all tasks.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and co-ordinate various activities simultaneously.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- A sense of urgency and a willingness to learn additional skills.
- Be able to work night shift, overtime and at times unsupervised.
- TIG welding can be advantageous
- Working in a factory during the day or night.
- Required to work beyond normal working hours, evenings, weekends and holidays.
The main responsibilities of the post will be reviewed on a regular basis, in consultation with your supervisor, to meet the changing needs of your department in line with the company’s strategic plan.
Deadline: 18 June 2021
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If an applicant does not comply with these instructions the application will be unsuccessful. Telephone no: +27 12 318-9911.
A competitive remuneration package will be negotiated to attract the right calibre individual.
Psychometric assessments will be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
Please note that SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA shall apply the employment equity principles as set out in the company’s Employment Equity Policy.
Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated with.