Reporting to: Project Manager
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is seeking an energetic suitably qualified service technician. The successful candidate will be responsible but not limited to conducting regular inspection and maintenance and repairs on transformers that are still under guarantee at clients sites and storage areas.
- Do repair work on units out of warranty.
- Ability to read transformer general arrangement drawings including wiring diagrams.
- Keep records of units that are at the storage facilities.
- Periodically check the quality status of the units under guarantee.
- Ensure service documentation are kept up to date all the time
- Must be a Qualified Artisan or Technician (With at least a National Diploma in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering).
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in transformer assembly or site installation work.
- Ability to read and interpret transformer general arrangement drawings.
- Excellent Interpersonal and Customer Service Skills.
- Problem Solving Skills
- Should have a high level of computer literacy.
Deadline: 24 October 2019
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If an applicant does not comply with these instructions the application will be unsuccessful. Telephone no.: (012) 318 9973/9911
A competitive remuneration package will be negotiated to attract the right calibre individual.
Assessments will be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
Please note that SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA shall apply the employment equity principles as set out in the company’s Employment Equity policy.
Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated with.