Reporting to: Engineering Manager
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is looking for a suitably qualified Site Services Technician for the Distribution Transformer Plant in Epping, Cape Town. The successful candidate will be responsible for site work inspections and repairs as required by customers and the company.
Adherence to the Health and Safety Act is imperative, additionally, the candidate must also work according to SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA quality standards, including following of procedures and instructions.
- Perform necessary operations required to make repairs to all types of transformers and associated auxiliary equipment;
- Perform preliminary inspections, do tests, and diagnose to determine condition electrically, mechanically, and the probable cause of failure or malfunction of transformers;
- De tank- remove covers, manholes, lower oil, and repair oil leaks as required;
- Liaise with customers and resolve issues in a proactive and positive manner;
- Write reports relating to the work done on site.
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 / Matric;
- Boiler Making N2 / Welding Certificate;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in transformer manufacturing;
- Drivers License is essential.
- Usage of general workshop machinery and hand tools related to the role;
- Identify and work with others to resolve inadequate or unclear manufacturing/engineering information;
- To be trained in Health & Safety, and conducting risk assessments;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong trouble shooting skills and excellent attention to detail;
- Flexibility and adaptability as well as being prepared to attend site meetings at short notice which may be outside normal working hours;
- Training on Overhead Crane/Slinging Lifting will be required.
Deadline: 27 September 2022
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or Angelina.email@example.com with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If the applicant does not comply with above instructions the application will be unsuccessful.
Psychometric assessments may be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is committed to fair and ethical recruitment practices to achieve sustainable inclusion and diversity without compromising on performance.
Telephone Number: +27 21 505-3000.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.