Reporting to: General Manager
Operation: Cape Town Plant
A career opportunity exists for a Supply Chain Team Leader at SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA based at the Cape Town Distribution Plant.
To manage the supply chain, including the master planning function, cost-effectively and efficiently in order to support the manufacturing process and other departments and functions at SSPM Distribution.
- Cost effective purchasing of material, equipment and services.
- Manage inventory levels to optimize investment inventory while minimizing stock out in the factory, including asset disposal
- Implement and manage preferential procurement and enterprise development to achieve BBBEE targets
- Manage master scheduling and planning for complete production cycles.
- B Degree in Supply Chain Management/Procurement or similar SAPICS qualifications e.g. CPIM
- 8 years experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience on SAP, ERP System negotiable.
SKILLS & PROFICIENCIES
- MS Office Suite
- Good Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Resilience/ perseverance and teamwork
- Able to work under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- People Management.
Deadline: 13 September 2021
CV’s including a covering letter must be submitted to Camelita.email@example.com with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If the applicant does not comply with the above instructions, the application will be unsuccessful.
Psychometric assessments will be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
Telephone no: +27 (21) 505 3000.
Please note that SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA shall apply the employment equity principles as set out in the company’s Employment Equity Policy.