A career opportunity exists for a suitably qualified Transformer Tanking Wireman within the Tanking Department based at the Pretoria West Power factory.
The candidate will be responsible for connecting bushings, CT’s and other parts required on the Active Part before actual tanking process. Fit transformer active part into the tank as per required specifications and at the same time ensuring quality standards. Fitment and connection of electrical wiring on transformers according to drawing specification and responsible for wiring of electrical panels. Adherence to the Health and Safety Act is imperative, the candidate must also work according to SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA quality standards, follow procedures and instructions.
Qualifications & Experience
- Grade 12/N3
- Electrical wiring certification
- Basic knowledge of transformer assembly and hand tool operation
- A minimum of 3 years in a similar production environment
- Achieve Quality objectives within own section.
- Maintain health, safety, environmental and housekeeping standards
- Implement best practices in work area
- Must be able to follow instructions.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Must be willing to work in different areas as the position is not restricted to one area
- Must be willing to work shifts and overtime as and when required.
Deadline: 5 May 2023
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. Enquiries regarding this post should be directed to +27 12 318 9703.
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is committed to fair and ethical recruitment practices to achieve sustainable inclusion and diversity without compromising on performance.
Assessments will be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.