Reporting to: Head of Sales and Marketing
Operation: Pretoria Plant
JOB SPECIFICATION OVERVIEW:
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA as a leading brand in the space of transformers is looking to expand their business development section with a more data driven approach. As an engineering company that’s accelerating for further growth, we don’t settle for “that’s good enough”, instead we go for “never been done before” with best possible results.
The company has a vacancy for a self-motivated and driven person to lead the Bids and Contracts team within the department.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Head of Sales and Marketing, the ideal candidate will be tasked with leading a team of Bids & Contracts Engineers preparing quotes and tenders for the Company. He/ She will be tasked to ensure that tenders and quotes submitted are responsive to customer requirements, accurate in the content information, timely, and comply with Company standards. The person may be required to take Front-End Sales responsibilities as needs dictate.
The primary responsibility in this position is to ensure that the company submits successful and winning bids which are professionally presented, are compliant with all client requirements, are accurate in their pricing, and comply with company standards.
- Allocate bids preparation work to self and other Team members
- Manage / Supervise / Control work performed by the team
- Ensure enquiries received are properly recorded and distributed according to procedures
- Evaluate the approximate tender value to determine the relevant signatory
- Calculate tender prices using input received from contributing departments/suppliers and Profit Margin determined by Management
- Review customer enquiry to compile commercial conditions
- Review customer specifications and technical schedules to compile technical tender submission using input from the Engineering department
- Compile tender document
- Prepare the submission document in conformity to Client Instructions
- Ensure that the tender is submitted timely
- Provide timely responses to requests for clarifications
- Participate in negotiations with clients
- Follow-up until Order received
- Review any received Purchase Order for correctness, accuracy and compliance to tender submissions and negotiated amendments
- Hand-over Purchase Order to the Projects departments
- Build and maintain historical market prices database
- Seek ways of improving the business and how it operates
- Attend seminars, conferences and events where appropriate
- Provide training and guidance to team members and peers alike
Depending on market conditions, the person may be required to fulfil external sales responsibility in a market segment defined by management
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in appropriate field of study.
- 3-5 years in a similar role in a heavy electrical engineering/ high current electrical engineering
COMPETENCIES AND OTHER SKILLS:
- High level command of written English language
- Ability to work and manipulate numbers
- Analytical and strategic thinking
- Attention to detail
- Application of initiative and creativity
- Interpersonal skills
- Planning and organisational skills
- Ethical conduct
- Driven, high levels of motivation as well as ability to motivate others
- Ability to convert information into a workable plan
- Computer literacy
- Team player
Deadline: 8 February 2021
CV’s including a covering letter must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If the applicant does not comply with the above instructions, the application will be unsuccessful.
Psychometric assessments will be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
Telephone no: +27 (12) 318 9901.
Please note that SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA shall apply the employment equity principles as set out in the company’s Employment Equity Policy.