Reporting to: Head of Sales
Operation: Cape Town Plant
A career opportunity exists for a Bid Engineer at SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA based at the Cape Town Distribution Plant.
The successful candidate is responsible to perform a dual role as customer facing to secure orders in support of the financial targets of the company, a back office support doing key tenders as well as obtain orders in order to meet company targets for retention, growth and profitability.
- Achieve order intake target
- Timeous submission of quotes and tenders
- Achieve budgeted GP%
- Market intelligence and competitor activity
- Build lasting relationships with customers.
- Diploma: Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Good knowledge of transformer product is required.
SKILLS & PROFICIENCIES
- Good comprehension skills
- Good Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Technical ability
- Resilience/ perseverance and teamwork
- Able to work under pressure.
- People skills and attention to detail.
Deadline: 13 September 2021
CV’s including a covering letter must be submitted to Camelita.email@example.com with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If the applicant does not comply with the above instructions, the application will be unsuccessful.
Psychometric assessments will be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
Telephone no: +27 (21) 505 3000.
Please note that SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA shall apply the employment equity principles as set out in the company’s Employment Equity Policy.