Reporting to: Team Leader
Department: Fabrication (Tank Fabrication) – Pretoria Plant
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is looking for a suitably qualified Boilermaker. The candidate will be responsible for assembling tank parts, cutting, and making all brackets associated with Tank fabrication area. Making new parts marking off, cutting parts a fair amount of tagging/welding, and bending. Rolling and grinding parts where required. The candidate will not be restricted to one area. Adherence to the Health and Safety Act is imperative, the candidate must also work according to SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA quality standards, follow procedures and instructions as well as work shifts and overtime as and when required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12/N3.
- Qualified Boilermaker.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience working as a qualified artisan.
- Knowledge of bending and rolling will be an advantage.
- Quality objective within own section.
- Maintain health, safety, environmental and housekeeping standards.
- Implement best practices in work area.
- Must be willing to work shifts and overtime as and when required.
- Ability to function as part of a team.
Deadline: 12 May 2023.
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If the applicant does not comply with these instructions the application will be unsuccessful.
Psychometric assessments may be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is committed to fair and ethical recruitment practices to achieve sustainable inclusion and diversity without compromising on performance.
Telephone Number: +27 12 318 9911.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.