Reporting to: Electrical Design Manager
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is looking for a suitably qualified Electrical Designer for the Distribution Transformer Plant in Epping, Cape Town. The successful candidate will be responsible for compiling electrical designs and instructions for production as well as tenders of transformers to comply with customer specifications.
Adherence to the Health and Safety Act is imperative, additionally, the candidates must also work according to SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA quality standards, including following of procedures and instructions.
- Comprehend and implement the requirements of a tender or contract specification.
- Prepare designs for tenders and contracts.
- Produce engineering instructions suitable for transformer manufacture and customer approval.
- Comprehend and implement company procedures and instructions.
- Conduct design reviews.
- Research and development of and/or process improvements.
- Investigation of non-conformances
Qualifications and Experience
- National Diploma or B Tech Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Three (3) to five (5) years with relevant transformer design and manufacturing exposure
- In-depth knowledge of electrical design principles
- Planning and organizational skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Knowledge of electrical design principles applicable to power and distribution transformers
- Computer skills (MS Office + CAD Systems)
- Able to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Analytical thinking
Deadline: 22 March 2023
Internal applicants to follow the internal process and external applicants must submit their CV’s email@example.com or BEJA@sgb-smit.group with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If the applicant does not comply with above instructions the application will be unsuccessful.
Psychometric assessments may be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is committed to fair and ethical recruitment practices to achieve sustainable inclusion and diversity without compromising on performance.
Telephone Number: +27 21 505-3000.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.