Reporting to: Maintenance Supervisor
Department: Maintenance – Distribution Transformers Plant – Cape Town
A career opportunity exists for an Electrician at SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA based at the Cape Town Distribution Plant. The candidate will be responsible for the maintenance of the premises of SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA Cape Town electrically and to uphold the company Certificate of Compliance. Adherence to the Health and Safety Act is imperative, the candidate must also work according to SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA quality standards, follow procedures and instructions.
- Maintain the factory and admin buildings electrically (certificate of compliance).
- Follow the planned maintenance schedule.
- Contribute to health and safety, and housekeeping.
- Maintain a good time and attendance record.
- Be proactive.
Qualifications and Experience
- NTC3 or NQF equivalent.
- Red seal trade tested.
- 5 years’ experience in high and low voltage.
- Knowledge of PLC’s.
- Experience on ovens.
- Basic computer skills.
- Good Communication skills (verbal and written).
- Resilience/ perseverance and teamwork.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Not afraid of heights or confined spaces.
Deadline: 30 November 2022
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or Angelina.email@example.com with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If the applicant does not comply with above instructions the application will be unsuccessful.
Psychometric assessments may be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is committed to fair and ethical recruitment practices to achieve sustainable inclusion and diversity without compromising on performance.
Telephone Number: +27 21 505-3000.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.