Reporting to: General Manager
Department: SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA Cape Town Distribution
A career opportunity exists for a Factory Manager at SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA based at the Cape Town Distribution Plant.
We are recruiting for a professional Factory Manager who can oversee the production process and coordinate all production related activities. The ideal candidate must be well-spoken, and proficient in the operational management of the Distribution Transformer factory in Cape Town.
The focus of this role will be to manage and improve the following aspects of SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA:
- Management of the production department day-today activities.
- Oversee the manufacturing process within the factory.
- Ensure the factory operations runs effectively and without issue.
- Attend to the administration of the whole department.
- Analysing production data to identify and resolve any production issues.
- Preparing production reports and submitting them to senior management.
- Working with the maintenance management ensuring that factory machinery is in good working order.
- Working with human resources for employee workforce needs including recruitment, retention, training, performance needs, discipline.
- Manage Production Down Time (PDT)
Qualifications and Experience
We are seeking a committed and approachable individual, who is passionate about Production and highly efficient.
- Either a National Diploma in Production Management and/or Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- 10 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Relevant product knowledge.
- Demonstrable competency in efficient planning and relationship building.
- Be proactive and promote a culture of constant improvement and innovation.
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving.
- Able to manage staff and engage with management.
Skills and Proficiencies
- Outstanding organisational, time management abilities and attention to detail.
- Excellent Communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Resilience/ perseverance and teamwork.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Assertiveness with strong interpersonal skills.
Deadline: 10 March 2023
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to email@example.com with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If the applicant does not comply with above instructions the application will be unsuccessful.
Psychometric assessments may be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is committed to fair and ethical recruitment practices to achieve sustainable inclusion and diversity without compromising on performance.
Telephone Number: +27 21 505 3000.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.