A career opportunity exists for a Finance Intern at SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA based at the Cape Town Distribution Plant. We are seeking a Finance Intern who will help our SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA Finance Team with various generalist finance responsibilities. The Intern will gain exposure to the day-to-day processes which will include Accounts Payable, Vendor Management, Cashbook reconciliations and other departmental administration processes.
- Assist in capturing of transactions on accounting system.
- Assist in ensuring cash claim expenditure is accurately and timeously captured across the business.
- Assist in the preparation of processing payments onto the banking system.
- Assist in processing entries on the bank accounts on the accounting system e.g., payment runs bank charges and interest.
- Assist with preparation of bank reconciliations.
- Upload bank statements for all bank accounts onto the Intranet.
Credit Card Claims
- Assist in accurately and timeously capturing credit card expenditure across the business, as required.
- Participate in outstanding claims investigations and executing new applications of credit cards.
- And any other duties, as assigned by the Line Manager, in line with the role.
- We are seeking a committed and approachable individual, who is passionate about Finance and highly efficient.
- BCom or National Diploma graduate, or equivalent NQF level qualification, with Accounting or Finance as a major.
- No more than 1 year’s applicable experience, including in-service training, if applicable.
- An understanding of accounts payable and vendor management administration.
- An understanding of preparation of bank and creditors reconciliations.
- Relevant working experience with an accounting package (e.g., SAP, Pastel, AccPac, IFS, etc.) would be an advantage.
Skills and Proficiencies
- Outstanding organisational, time management abilities and attention to detail.
- Excellent Communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Resilience/ perseverance and teamwork.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Assertiveness with strong interpersonal skills.
Deadline: 20 April 2023
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to the following email addresses firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line.
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is committed to fair and ethical recruitment practices to achieve sustainable inclusion and diversity without compromising on performance.
Assessments will be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.