SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is seeking a suitably qualified person in the role of a Fitter. This position requires the candidate to manage mechanical maintenance as well as carry out effective fault finding on all machines/equipment. Manage the continuous improvement on equipment ensuring that critical spares are always available. Adherence to the Health and Safety Act is imperative, the candidate must also work according to SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA quality standards, follow procedures and instructions.
Qualifications & Experience
- N3/Grade 12
- Qualified as a Fitter (Red Seal).
- 5-10 years in a factory maintenance field.
- Fitter/Mechanical skills in maintenance is essential.
- Experience in Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Boilers, Pumps and Valves.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Extremely high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- Deadline driven.
Deadline: 31 March 2023
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line.
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is committed to fair and ethical recruitment practices to achieve sustainable inclusion and diversity without compromising on performance.
Psychometric assessments will be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.