Reporting to: Chief Operations Officer
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is looking for a suitably qualified Head of Engineering for the Power Plant in Pretoria West, Gauteng. The successful candidate will be required to provide leadership and oversight for both the Electrical and Mechanical Design teams.
- To ensure that designs are done in accordance with customer requirements.
- To ensure that designs are done within the committed timeframe by coordinating the design workload amongst the team members.
- To ensure that the most cost-effective designs are produced.
- To ensure design can withstand all mechanical and electrical tests in compliance with specifications and standards as well as customer requirements,
- To ensure that tender design is prepared in accordance with the technical requirements from the customer with respect to the design aspects of the transformer.
- To ensure that the tender design is the most cost-effective solution.
- To ensure that technical issues are resolved within the shortest possible timeframe with the lowest cost implication to the business.
- To ensure that budget / expense requirements from department is considered.
- To limit the effect on the overall departmental budget by managing expenses.
- To ensure that resources are available, developed and remunerated in relation with relevant HR processes.
- To ensure that performance statistics required by COO are kept current and provided timeously.
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current).
- Registered with ECSA as Professional Engineer / Technologist.
- 12+ years’ experience with relevant power transformer design exposure.
- Listening Skills
- Decision making
- Management of performance
Deadline: 9 June 2023
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If the applicant does not comply with above instructions the application will be unsuccessful.
Psychometric assessments may be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is committed to fair and ethical recruitment practices to achieve sustainable inclusion and diversity without compromising on performance.
Telephone Number: +27 12 318 9911.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not received a reply within three weeks of the job advert closing, please be advised that your application was not successful.