Reporting to: General Manager
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is seeking an energetic person in the role of HSE Manager and the position requires the incumbent to implement and manage the HSE portfolio which includes all aspects of the ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 certifications.
- Management of internal and external audits to ensure that the business complies with all applicable and relevant legislations.
- Ensure that all legal appointments are in place and appointed personnel are aware of his/her responsibilities.
- Monitor and ensure that all HSE related training is conducted to ensure that employees are made aware of hazards in the workplace.
- Implement and manage the 5S programme and emergency evacuation drills.
- Manage all contractors on site.
- Manage all aspects of HSE induction to all employees.
- Arrange and follow up on occupational hygiene surveys.
- Follow up and record internal audits and NCR’s.
- Ensure compliance with safety, health and environmental obligations.
- Serve in an advisory capacity to various departments as regards HSE related aspects, including clinic, security, hygiene, pest control and energy management.
- Ensure conformance and management of the HSE budget and other financial functions.
- Degree or Diploma in Safety or Environmental Management.
- Competence Certificate in Environmental Management/Safety Management.
- Auditing certificate (ISO 14001:2015, ISO 45001-2018, OHSAS 18001).
- Transition course ISO 45001 and incident investigation-ICAM qualification.
- A minimum of 3 years as a HSE Manager.
- A minimum of 6 years as a safety officer in a manufacturing industry.
- Very high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Good administrative skills;
- Excellent time management and communication skills;
- Deadline driven;
- Must be an assertive and energetic person.
Deadline: 18 June 2020
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to email@example.com with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If an applicant does not comply with these instructions the application will be unsuccessful. Telephone no.: (012) 318 9973/9911
A competitive remuneration package will be negotiated to attract the right calibre individual.
Assessments will be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
Please note that SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA shall apply the employment equity principles as set out in the company’s Employment Equity policy.
Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated with.