Reporting to: CEO
Department: IT – Pretoria
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is looking for a suitably qualified IT Manager for their plant in Pretoria West.
The candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Mentor and train others throughout and seek to improve processes companywide continually.
- Overseeing and determining timeframes for major IT projects, including system updates, upgrades, migrations, and outages
- Analyse departmental needs, identify vulnerabilities, and boost productivity, efficiency, and accuracy to inform business decisions
- Installs, configures, and tests operating systems, application software, and system management tools.
- Managing and reporting on the allocation of the IT budget.
- Maintain essential IT infrastructure, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email, systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware.
- Implements warranty and support activities.
- Evaluates the existing systems and provide the technical direction to IT and support staff.
- Plans and implements system automation as required for better efficiency.
- Oversees the development of customised software and hardware requirement.
- Collaborates with other professionals to ensure high-quality deliverables within organisation guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Deals with work processes, optimisation methods, and risk management tools in the given projects for successful accomplishments according to the stakeholders’ requirements.
- Developing and implementing IT policy and best practice guides for the organization Research and evaluate emerging technologies, hardware, and software.
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant bachelor’s degree in information technology or an Information Systems Degree.
- 5-10 Years managerial experience in an IT Software Development and Operations environment.
- Dynamics and Azure Certification or experience.
- SQL Certification or experience.
- Deep knowledge of programming languages and operating systems (ex: Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory), current equipment and technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and systems performance monitoring.
- CompTIA A Core certificates.
- CCNA 200-301: Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions.
- Value adding mind-set.
- Ability to manage a team.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Deadline: 26 May 2023
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If the applicant does not comply with above instructions the application will be unsuccessful.
Psychometric assessments may be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is committed to fair and ethical recruitment practices to achieve sustainable inclusion and diversity without compromising on performance.
Telephone Number: +27 12 318 9911.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.