Reporting to: Electrical Design Manager
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is looking for a suitably qualified Junior Electrical Designer. The candidate will be responsible for performing electrical design work on transformer orders and tender designs, issuing engineering design details to other departments: Mechanical Design, Production, Planning and Test Bay. Adherence to the Health and Safety Act is imperative, the candidate must also work according to SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA quality standards, follow procedures and instructions.
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12/N3
- Minimum S4 National Diploma in Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current)
- General experience in transformer design, manufacturing and testing
- Knowledge of electrical design principles
- Microsoft Office Proficiency
- On-time delivery for Works Order and Tender designs
- Design cost efficiency
- Design Quality
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to function as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure
Deadline: 20 December 2021
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to email address: email@example.com with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line.
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is committed to fair and ethical recruitment practices to achieve sustainable inclusion and diversity without compromising on performance.
Assessments will be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted