SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is seeking two Junior mechanical designers in the Mechanical Design department in their operation in Pretoria.
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is seeking two professional and talented people for the role of Junior Mechanical Designers. The successful candidates will be responsible for planning and executing mechanical designs of transformers and related equipment to ensure timeliness and quality of mechanical design deliverables.
- Assist with retrieving, scanning and filing of archive micro filmed designs, as well as assisting with general administrative tasks within the design team.
- Assist production department resolve specific design related issues, respond to queries from production and quality departments relating to drawings.
- Assist with preparation of diagram, rating and information plates and packing lists on CAD design systems, execute design activities as set out by the senior designers.
- Prepare design drawings and elementary layouts on instruction from senior designers.
- Verify material types, dimensions, plate thicknesses and standardise descriptions for all Bill of Material items of the layout and assembly drawings and remove unnecessary dimensions on drawings automatically produced by MDS.
- Participate in internal design reviews and assist with documentation of design philosophies.
- Submit customer drawings directly to the relevant customers for approval and maintain customer drawings approval register.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Grade 12/N3;
- Relevant BSc Eng/BSc Mech/B Tech in Mechanical Engineering Degree is required;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role with technical background;
- Knowledge of CAD systems preferably SolidWorks, Creo Parametric or Solid Edge;
- Should be fully proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint);
- Must have knowledge of mechanical design and manufacturing principles.
- Self driven
- Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to take ownership
- Decision making or excellent judgement skills
- Attention to detail
- Team Player
- Results driven
- Value adding mind-set
- Problem solving and time management skills
- Passion for design
Deadline: 2 July 2020
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to email@example.com with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If the applicant does not comply with the above instructions, the application will be unsuccessful. Telephone no: +27 12 318-9911.
Psychometric assessments will be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
Please note that SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA shall apply the employment equity principles as set out in the company’s Employment Equity Policy.
Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated with.