Reporting to: Production Team Leader
Department: Fabrication – Distribution Transformers Plant – Cape Town
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is looking for a suitable labourer. The candidate will be responsible for the assistance in various areas of transformer tank manufacturing. Adherence to the Health and Safety Act is imperative, the candidate must also work according to SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA quality standards, follow procedures and instructions.
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12/N3 or Equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 Year Experience, transformer industry will be an added advantage.
- Excellent understanding of manual tools, electrical equipment, grinders.
- Exceptional focus for details.
- Quality objectives within own section.
- Maintain health, safety, environmental and housekeeping standards.
- Implement best practices in work area.
- Must be willing to work shifts and overtime as and when required.
- Must be willing to work in different areas not restricted to one area.
- Use specialist equipment for industrial use (Shot blast & Zinc Spray & Grinders).
- Maintain all equipment.
- Enforce strict safety rules, such as the use of safety shoes, masks, hard hat, and gloves.
Deadline: 30 November 2022
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or Angelina.email@example.com with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If the applicant does not comply with above instructions the application will be unsuccessful.
Psychometric assessments may be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is committed to fair and ethical recruitment practices to achieve sustainable inclusion and diversity without compromising on performance.
Telephone Number: +27 21 505-3000.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.