A career opportunity exists for 4 suitably qualified Machine Operators within the Production Department based at the Pretoria West Power factory.
The candidates will be responsible for operating a pedestal drilling machine to drill holes in steel as per the transformer mechanical design specifications. Operate different size bending press machines to shape steel plates according to transformer mechanical design specifications. Cut auxiliary steel parts to size as per transformer mechanical design specifications. Adherence to the Health and Safety Act is imperative, the candidates must also work according to SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA quality standards, follow procedures and instructions.
Qualifications & Experience
- Grade 12/N3
- Ability to operating a drill, Press, Plate roll and Bandsaw tools and equipment
- A minimum of 2 years in a similar production environment
- Achieve Quality objectives within own section.
- Maintain health, safety, environmental and housekeeping standards
- Implement best practices in work area
- Must be able to follow instructions.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Must be willing to work in different areas as the position is not restricted to one area
- Must be willing to work shifts and overtime as and when required.
Deadline: 14 May 2023
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line.
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is committed to fair and ethical recruitment practices to achieve sustainable inclusion and diversity without compromising on performance.
Assessments will be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.