Reporting to: Pretoria Power Plant Production Head
Operation: Pretoria Plant
JOB SPECIFICATION OVERVIEW:
We are seeking a dynamic and high performing person in the role of Maintenance Head. The successful candidate must adhere to the Health and Safety Act, work according to SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA quality standards and follow procedures and instructions.
The candidate will manage preventative and breakdown maintenance for both SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA and SGB-SMIT CALIDUS to ensure that 100% uptime of factory equipment is available to production, through preventative and corrective maintenance by managing schedules issued and measuring lost time due to unavailability of equipment due to breakdown/failure. He/she will ensure the effective utilization of artisans, control budget, continuous improvement, and projects.
- Grade 12 or N3, with a Millwright qualification,
- Sufficient mechanical and electrical background (heavy & small current) in heavy industry environment
- Control systems experience
- Minimum of 8 years’ exposure to factory preventative maintenance environment with a minimum of 3 years’ in a maintenance workshop foreman position
- Computer literate in various applications including MS Office
Deadline: 5 February 2021
CV’s including a covering letter must be submitted to email@example.com with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If the applicant does not comply with the above instructions, the application will be unsuccessful.
Psychometric assessments will be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
Telephone no: +27 (12) 318 9911.
Please note that SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA shall apply the employment equity principles as set out in the company’s Employment Equity Policy.