Reporting to: Engineering Manager
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is looking for a suitably qualified Mechanical Design Manager for the Distribution Transformer Plant in Epping, Cape Town. The successful candidate will be responsible for the output of the Mechanical Engineering Department.
- To ensure that planned targets are met;
- Build a high-performing team by improving skills and knowledge of engineering staff;
- Compile, approve and maintain department procedures and instructions;
- Plan, coordinate and control engineering activities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 / Matric;
- National diploma or degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years’ engineering office experience
- 5 years of transformer mechanical design experience.
- Planning and organizing skills;
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills;
- Computer skills (MS Office + 3D CAD Systems + SAP)
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Attention to detail;
- Analytical thinking.
Deadline: 19 October 2022
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or Angelina.email@example.com with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If the applicant does not comply with above instructions the application will be unsuccessful.
Psychometric assessments may be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is committed to fair and ethical recruitment practices to achieve sustainable inclusion and diversity without compromising on performance.
Telephone Number: +27 21 505-3000.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.