Reporting to: Engineering Manager
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is looking for a suitably qualified Mechanical Designer for the Distribution Transformer Plant in Epping, Cape Town. The successful candidate will be responsible for compiling Mechanical designs and instructions for production as well as tenders of transformers to comply with customer specifications.
- Produce drawings and instructions for customer approval and manufacturing;
- Verification of drawings and Bills of Materials;
- Checking of drawings, instructions, and Bills of materials of other designers;
- Problem solving on the shop floor;
- Modification and revision of drawings.
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 / Matric;
- National diploma or degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in 3D drawings;
- 3 years of transformer design experience.
- Planning and organizing;
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills;
- Computer skills (MS Office + CAD Systems);
- Able to work under pressure;
- Attention to detail;
- Analytical thinking.
Deadline: 27 September 2022
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or Angelina.email@example.com with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If the applicant does not comply with above instructions the application will be unsuccessful.
Psychometric assessments may be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is committed to fair and ethical recruitment practices to achieve sustainable inclusion and diversity without compromising on performance.
Telephone Number: +27 21 505-3000.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.