Reporting to: Quality Control Team Leader
Department: Quality – Pretoria
A career opportunity exists for a suitably qualified paint inspector. The candidate will be required to execute the inspection and Quality Control activities, collecting the relevant records and ensure that all Painting operations are executed in accordance with the relevant Codes and standards as well as according to Quality Control Plans/ Inspection Test Plans.
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12/ N3.
- 5 years’ experience in fabrication.
- Minimum Level 1 Paint Inspector qualification.
- In accordance with the Quality Control Plan, execute the specific inspections on material.
- Issue the relevant Quality Records and, when necessary, write and send to Quality Control Supervisor non-conformances reports.
- Witness/perform qualifications of coating processes.
- Check surface preparation.
- Carry out dry film thickness checks.
- Monitor observations of the correct coding cycles.
- Verify the correct color-coding and painting.
- Perform visual inspections.
- Perform visual checks after blasting.
- Orderly collect and manage/check documents controls and inspection documents.
- Work according to company method provisions/technical standards.
- MS Office proficiency.
- Good communications skill.
- Attention to detail.
- Deadline driven.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- The successful candidate must be prepared to work overtime as and when required.
Deadline: 6 February 2023
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to email@example.com with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If the applicant does not comply with above instructions the application will be unsuccessful.
Psychometric assessments may be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is committed to fair and ethical recruitment practices to achieve sustainable inclusion and diversity without compromising on performance.
Telephone Number: +27 12 318 9911.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.