Reporting to: Production Manager
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is looking for a Production Section Head at the Distribution Transformer plant in Cape Town in Epping, Cape Town.
The main purpose of a Production Section Head is to oversee the manufacturing process within SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA and to ensure that production operations run safely with minimum downtime. Working together with Team Leaders and senior management and ensure that transformers are manufactured according to the Manufacturing Production Schedule (MPS) and to approve quality specifications and standards. Maintain and adhere to other safety/industry-related regulations.
The Production Section Head will oversee the production process, coordinating all production activities and operations. This role is expected to improve employee morale, maintain, and manage discipline in the workplace as well as training of production employees..
Duties and Responsibilities
- Setting up product lines and managing productivity.
- Ensure that production targets are met through efficient deployment of resources.
- Determine manpower capacity and ensure effective utilization of human resources and materials.
- Ensure that Environmental, Health and Safety standards are implemented and adhered to.
- Assist with planning and organising production schedules – work with the team to plan, schedule and
perform production activities.
- Ensure all raw materials, packaging, etc. are available by liaising with the Supply Chain department.
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12
- 10 years of manufacturing / production experience with minimum 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Related tertiary qualifications will be advantageous.
- Maintaining discipline in the workplace.
- Project Management skills.
- Identifying problems / opportunities and implementing preventative strategies to minimise risk.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with computer literacy.
- Attention to detail with organisational skills and efficiency.
- Leadership and Interpersonal skills.
- Production machinery knowledge/awareness to enable Hands on Participation in manufacturing.
Deadline: 17 June 2022
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If the applicant does not comply with above instructions the application will be unsuccessful. Psychometric assessments may be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is committed to fair and ethical recruitment practices to achieve sustainable inclusion and diversity without compromising on performance.
Telephone Number: +27 21 505-3000.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.