Reporting to: Production Manager
Department: Production – Pretoria Power Plant
A career opportunity exists for a Production Section Head at the Production Department based at the Pretoria Power Plant. The successful candidate will be responsible for operational management assistance to the Works Manager in order to achieve planned production targets and ensure effective use of available resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Introduce continuous improvement in all manufacturing processes.
- Perform various manufacturing administration activities.
- Assist in general management of various production departments.
- Organize and attend various production meetings.
- Generate schedules, targets, reports and budgets.
- Oversee departmental budgets.
- Manage and motivate human capital to achieve production objectives.
- Conduct performance appraisals.
- Succession planning.
- Promote sound industrial relations.
- Deputies for the Works Manager in his absence.
Qualifications and Experience
- National Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering.
- 10 years’ work experience.
- Good working knowledge of ISO9001, IS14001 and ISO18001.
- The ideal candidate must have experience in high voltage/transformer technology environment.
- Previous management experience will be a distinct advantage.
- The ideal candidate must currently be in s senior supervisory or middle management position in a similar environment.
- Equipment management.
- SANAS accreditation.
- MS Office proficiency.
- Good communications skill.
- Attention to detail.
- Deadline driven.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- The successful candidate must be prepared to work overtime as and when required.
Deadline: 3 March 2023
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to email@example.com with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If the applicant does not comply with above instructions the application will be unsuccessful.
Psychometric assessments may be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is committed to fair and ethical recruitment practices to achieve sustainable inclusion and diversity without compromising on performance.
Telephone Number: +27 12 318 9911.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.