A career opportunity exists for a Production Winder within the Production Department based at the Pretoria West Power factory.
The candidate will be responsible for winding of HV coils, LV coils, MV coil and factory coils. Adherence to the Health and Safety Act is imperative, the candidate must also work according to SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA quality standards, follow procedures and instructions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Set up and preparation of winding machine and workstation.
- Checking of insulation, formers, winding wire and other insulation required for the required type of winding.
- Be able to read and understand winding drawings.
- Be able to wind HV coils in spiral, helical and continuous disc style that include multiple wires in parallel.
- Be able to wind LV coils in spiral, helical and continuous disc style that include multiple wires in parallel.
- Be able to wind MV coils in spiral, helical and continuous disc style that include multiple wires in parallel.
- Able to create taps on the face and from within the winding.
- Remove windings from the machine.
- Turn windings on turning table.
- Be able to read a tape measure and Vernier.
- Be able to braze copper.
- Be able to work on both vertical and horizontal coil winders.
- Be able to work on 10 – 45 MVA transformers.
- Winding continuous disc windings with two or more strip conductor in parallel, including loading and unloading by the same employee or self-locating mandrels and/or former.
Qualifications & Experience
- Crane license shall be advantageous.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in transformers coils winding.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience on working on 10 MVA – 800 MVA transformers.
- Must be able to communicate with the supervisors.
- Must be able to follow instructions.
- Must have the ability to work with manufacturing terminology.
- Must be able to assist with collecting of materials from stores.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm as well as the willingness to assist with all tasks.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and co-ordinate various activities simultaneously.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- A sense of urgency and a willingness to learn additional skills.
- Be able to work night shift, overtime and at times unsupervised.
- TIG welding can be advantageous.
- Working in a factory during the day or night.
- Required to work beyond normal working hours, evenings, weekends and holidays.
The main responsibilities of the post will be reviewed on a regular basis, in consultation with your supervisor, to meet the changing needs of your department in line with the company’s strategic plan.
Deadline: 30 April 2023
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to email address: email@example.com with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line.
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is committed to fair and ethical recruitment practices to achieve sustainable inclusion and diversity without compromising on performance.
Please note that SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA shall apply the Company’s employment equity and succession plan principles.
Assessments will be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.