Reporting to: Quality Team Leader
SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA is seeking energetic suitably qualified Quality Inspectors. The candidates will be responsible for performing quality inspections from initial manufacturing of transformers to end product as well as raising improvement opportunities and other related quality issues. Ensure that the inspected windings, manufacturing, assembly and fabrication is done according to the correct method provisions and drawings.
- Plan and lead quality control inspections.
- Complete sigma cards and maintain all quality records.
- Develop and sustain a quality culture in the organisation.
- Prepare fault lists and verify implementation.
- Conduct quality control internal audits.
- NQF 6 /National Diploma or equivalent in quality management.
- Minimum of 6 years in transformer winding manufacturing or assembly or fabrication.
- 5 years experience as a master/senior winder or power transformer knowledge.
- Must have full knowledge of quality control inspections and quality management systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Influencing and negotiation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Should have a high level of computer literacy.
- Quality problem finding and solving skills.
- Results and deadline driven.
- Value adding mind-set.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Must be able to provide frequent on-time reports.
- Ability to function as part of a team and Independently.
- Highly driven can do attitude
Deadline: 18 October 2019
CV’s accompanied by a covering letter must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If an applicant does not comply with these instructions the application will be unsuccessful. Telephone no.: (012) 318 9973/9911
A competitive remuneration package will be negotiated to attract the right calibre individual.
Assessments will be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
Please note that SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA shall apply the employment equity principles as set out in the company’s Employment Equity policy.
Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated with.