Reporting to: Pretoria Power Plant Quality Manager
Operation: Pretoria Plant
JOB SPECIFICATION OVERVIEW:
We are looking for an energetic person to lead and manage the quality inspectors from manufacturing sections. Improve inspection methods and promote continuous improvement activities. Influence teams to effectively conduct inspections in support of First Time Right. Adopt latest technologies and methods to conduct product inspections.
- Plan, manage and enforce quality inspections;
- Lead the inspections with customers;
- Consistently drive critical to quality (CTQ) objectives to maintain high quality standards;
- Analyse inspection data and manage record keeping;
- Administrative duties related to quality inspections;
- Implement systems to help the production teams in eliminating repeat deviations;
- Ensure requisite financial management, control and governance throughout area of accountability.
- Grade 12;
- N6 or National Diploma in Quality or Mechanical Engineering;
- Have attended Supervisor level course;
- Minimum 5 years in transformer manufacturing sector and at least 5 years as Quality Inspector;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
Deadline: 5 February 2021
CV’s including a covering letter must be submitted to email@example.com with the job title and applicant’s name in the subject line. If the applicant does not comply with the above instructions, the application will be unsuccessful.
Psychometric assessments will be one of the methods utilised to determine the successful candidate.
Telephone no: +27 (12) 318 9911.
Please note that SGB-SMIT POWER MATLA shall apply the employment equity principles as set out in the company’s Employment Equity Policy.